Recipe by joanna_giselle
These are my husband's favourite muffins and they work well with bacon, ham, leftover cooked chicken or even spam. Make sure not to overbake as they will be dry instead of moist.
Top Review by bmxmama
These are a good little breakfast muffin. I made them as mini's and followed the recipe exactly as it was written. I will enjoy them again for breakfast tomorrow, but fresh out of the oven they are great. I can see other variations on this recipe. This was made for Fall PAC 2008.
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated yellow cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower oil or 1⁄3 cup corn oil
- 6 slices bacon (cooked, drained, chopped)
- grated cheese, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease muffin cups or place paper liners in tin.
- Stir flour, cheese, sugar (if using), baking powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, oil and egg in a small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients all at once to dry ones and stir until flour is just moistened. (Make sure batter isn't too thick, if so, add a little extra milk).
- Fold in bacon and fill muffin cups.
- Top with a little extra grated cheese.
- Bake at 180c on the lower oven rack for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm.