Recipe by mersaydees
This recipe is based on one from Linda Gassenheimer’s book, More Low-Carb Meals in Minutes. She says that the secret to this dish is making eggs into thin crepes. Use a good nonstick skillet for best results. My picky DH really likes it. I make it with turkey Canadian bacon and eggs; 4 large eggs is about a cup. Hint: you can make the crepes ahead, and fill and warm in a microwave oven when needed. Nutrition info per serving: 335 calories, 43.2 grams protein, 7.0 grams carbohydrate, 14.2 grams fat (7.5 saturated), 73 milligrams cholesterol, 1227 milligrams sodium, 0 gram fiber.
- 1 cup egg substitute
- black pepper, freshly ground
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 6 ounces lean Canadian bacon, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix egg substitute with pepper to taste. Heat a medium-size nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil spray and pour in ½ cup of the egg substitute allowing it to spread to form a thin layer. Cook 2 minutes. Flip and cook 1 more minute.
- Transfer crepe to prepared baking sheet.
- Make second crepe by repeating the process with second half of egg mixture.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheese over crepes. Fold over once and place under broiler about 10 inches from heat. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Carefully slide onto serving plates, placing sliced tomatoes on the side and serve.