Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Originally from Family Circle, I've adjusted the amount of salt and honey mustard.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Halve eggs lengthwise. Spoon yolks into a bowl. Reserve whites.
- Mash yolks with fork. Add mayonnaise, honey-mustard, salt and pepper. Fold in bacon and cheese.
- Fill each half egg white with yolk mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
My DH loves deviled eggs and I like trying new recipes for him to taste. These eggs were a big hit with him and I also enjoyed one or two. :) I used a package of real bacon bits that were chopped into small pieces instead of frying bacon. The honey mustard was a nice touch with the mayo, I used Hellman's mayo, and sharp cheddar cheese added a little zing. Next time might try dijon or a grainy mustard instead of the honey mustard. Congrats for winning the Football Pool breezermom!
Very good flavor. We never had eggs with honey mustard but liked these just fine. Sprinkled crumbled bacon on the tops for garnish. Thanks for sharing.
Made for your Football Pool win #3 & these deviled eggs were a big hit w/my DH as I expected them to be since they are very similar to my own "loaded" deviled eggs that he says are 1 of the 3 reasons he married me. I halved the recipe & I made 1 chg. I subbed low-fat sour cream for half of the mayo. We shared them w/my BIL for our wkly Sat morning brunch & he loved them too. Thx for sharing the recipe w/us.