Recipe by Chef MB
These sound yummy for school day breakfasts, and I can't wait to try them. I'll probably use whole wheat flour, though. Or a mixture of whole and white flours.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 -3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and cut in the butter using.
- a pastry knife or a pair of dinner knives until it resembles coarse.
- Add the buttermilk and stir just enough to form a ball. Fold in the bacon and cheese.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls on an ungreased baking sheet and bake in a preheated 450F oven until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes about 18 biscuits.