1/1 Photo of Bacon and Cheddar Shortbreads With Rosemary
1 hr 13 mins
In 'The Big Book of Appetizers' by Meredith Deeds and Carla Snyder
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the pecans to the bowl of a food processor; process until finely chopped but not pasty.
- 2Add the bacon, butter, cheddar, flour, rosemary, and cayenne to the nuts and process until the mixture forms a dough.
- 3Remove the cracker dough from the bowl and divide it in half.
- 4Roll each half into a log about 3 inches in diameter.
- 5Wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- 6Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 7Working with one log at a time, cut the dough with a sharp knife crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 8Bake until pale golden and crisp, 10-13 minutes.
- 9Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then remove with a spatula to a rack.
- 10Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt.
- 11Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Cheddar Shortbreads With Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (1076 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.5
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.4 mg
- Sodium 86.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g