Prep 1 hr
Cook 13 mins
In 'The Big Book of Appetizers' by Meredith Deeds and Carla Snyder
Make and share this Bacon and Cheddar Shortbreads With Rosemary recipe from Food.com.
- Add the pecans to the bowl of a food processor; process until finely chopped but not pasty.
- Add the bacon, butter, cheddar, flour, rosemary, and cayenne to the nuts and process until the mixture forms a dough.
- Remove the cracker dough from the bowl and divide it in half.
- Roll each half into a log about 3 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Working with one log at a time, cut the dough with a sharp knife crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until pale golden and crisp, 10-13 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then remove with a spatula to a rack.
- Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
These were fabulous! I'm so sorry I reduced the recipe by half, as I took some to my DS's school, to share with his teacher and the school nurse. I hope they liked them as much as I do! :) They went together quick as a wink, and I put them in the fridge overnight. I only baked half of my 'log', and I got about 20, tho mine were slender, so to speak. Really looking forward to making the other half for a little get together this weekend! So glad I tried this and that you shared it, ratherbeswimmin'!