1/1 Photo of Bacon and Cheddar Quiche
Chef 495452's Note:
My sister found this on a website but I am not sure which one and made it for my little sister's wedding shower. It was excellent so here I am sharing it. I have listed the ingredients for making the crust too, however I just buy a frozen crust from the store. ENJOY!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 2 -3 tablespoons ice-cold water
- 1Prepare crust for quiche. In a mixing bowl, mix together flour and salt. Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form; add water, a little at a time, until dough holds together and forms a ball. Shape into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- 2On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll out dough into a circle about 11 inches in diameter. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate or quiche pan. Trim edges, leaving a little overhang, about 1/4-inch all around the edge. Prick dough with a fork. Line with foil and fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake quiche crust for 10 minutes at 375°.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, thyme, and pepper. Pour into the baked crust. Crumble bacon over the top with the shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake at 375° for about 30 minutes, or until quiche filling is set and lightly browned. Serve quiche with fresh tomato wedges.
- 4NOTE: 5 minutes prep if you do not make the homemade crust and use a frozen one instead!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Cheddar Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.8
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 173.4 mg
- Sodium 346.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 11.2 g