Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this recipe at HIDDENVALLEY.com
- 1 container sour cream (16 ounce)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup crisp cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dip (1 ounce)
- potatoes or corn chips, for dipping
- Combine dips mix with sour cream.
- Stir in cheese and bacon.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Serve with potato or corn chips.
This dip is great. We loved it. I will be making this in the summer time to take to the lake with us. The only thing that I am going to change is the amount of ranch seasoning in it. The next time that I make it I will use a half of an envelope of the dip mix instead of the whole thing. It was a little salty. I think that was because of the bacon that is also in the dip mix. It is really a very good recipe though and I will make this again.
Sorry to disagree with everyone, but this was just too salty to eat. I followed recipe exactly and when I tasted it I knew I had to do something. I added another full container (16 oz) of sour cream and more cheddar, also added about 4 tomatoes... anything to dilute the salt. By the time I was done, it was tolerable. ...and we're a family that likes salt! Sorry.
This is a great recipe, it's simple to make and my bunch munched until it was all gone and asked for more.