Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband says this dish reminds of him of bacon wrapped scallops. It has that savory, yet slightly sweet taste. Quick and easy to make. I initially planned to wrap the filets with the bacon, but the bacon cooked up to fast and so I just finished it in the pan with the filets.
- 4 tilapia fillets, thawed
- 5 -6 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Heat a medium-large sized pan to medium heat.
- Cook the slices of the bacon in the microwave to HALF done - about 3-4 minutes.
- Add your butter to the pan, melt, then add the bacon.
- Moisten your tilapia filets slightly and sprinkly or rub a some of the brown sugar on them. Add the filets to the pan, laying them on top of the bacon.
- Sprinkle the rest of the brown sugar on the other side of the tilapia, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip, bacon and all to cook the other side (tilapia on bottom, bacon on top) until fish flakes and is cook through.
Simple and delicious. Changes I made were solely in the cooking method. I diced the bacon and sauteed it in the pan. Poured off the fat, added the butter and proceeded from there. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game. :)
This was very very tasty! I followed the instructions only making two batches of this recipe and like Lori Mama I sauteed the bacon first, drained the fat and added butter and continued with the recipe. Definately a keeper. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
Very good and very fast. Kid tested and approved.