Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Recipe is from Southern Living.
- 4 lbs baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) wedge blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Peel potatoes; cut into 2-inch pieces. Bring potatoes, 2 teaspoons salt, and water to cover to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; boil 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return potatoes to Dutch oven, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until potatoes are dry.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher to desired consistency. Stir in warm buttermilk, warm milk, melted butter, pepper, and 1 teaspoons salt, stirring just until blended.
- Stir in blue cheese and bacon, and spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 2 1/2-qt. baking dish or 8 (10-oz.) ramekins. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.