susie cooks's Note:
recipe from Cyntha Nims's book, "Stone Fruit"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 ounces mixed salad greens, rinsed,tough stems removed,and dried (baby spinach, arugula, red leaf lettuce, frisée, romaine)
- 1/2 small walla walla sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled oregon blue cheese
- 1For the cherry vinaigrette, pit and halve the cherries and set aside half of them to toss with the salad later.
- 2Put the remaining cherries in a food processor or blender with the vinegar and purée until smooth.
- 3Add the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, and purée for another few seconds.
- 4Transfer the vinaigrette to a small bowl and set aside.
- 5(A blender will purée the cherries more finely than a food processor; if using the latter, you may want to strain out the bits of cherry skin after processing, pressing on the solids with the back of a rubber spatula to extract as much juice as possib) Fry the bacon pieces in a small skillet over medium-high heat until browned and crisp, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- 6Scoop them onto paper towels to drain; set aside to cool.
- 7Put the salad greens in a salad bowl or other large bowl and scatter the onion and bacon over the top.
- 8Rewhisk the cherry vinaigrette to blend, and taste for seasoning, adding a bit more salt or pepper if needed.
- 9Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad, tossing to mix gently and evenly.
- 10Arrange the salad on 4 individual plates and sprinkle the blue cheese and remaining cherries evenly over each portion.
- 11Serve right away.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Blue Cheese Salad with Cherry Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.6
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 424.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens
white wine vinegar