Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are easy and fast; great for a dish to bring for a gathering, and are also sophisticated enough to serve at an elegant dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 small yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 small shallots or 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Brush the oil on the cut sides of the potatoes. Place the potatoes cut-side down over a medium grill or cut-side up about 8 inches from a broiler and cook until fork-tender, about 15 minutes, turning once.
- Cook the bacon over medium heat in a large skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Spoon off all but 1 tbsp of the drippings from the pan and add the shallot or garlic.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until tender but not brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and ¼ cup of water to the skillet, scraping any browned bits.
- Stir in the thyme and remove from heat. Crumble the bacon and add it to the sauce. Pour over the potato quarters. Sprinkle with cheese.