Recipe by Tim B.
This is a delicious play on the bacon and blue cheese theme with a home style feel.
- 1 lb diced bacon
- 1 (20 ounce) bagsimply potatoes garlic and herb hash browns
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided into a 1/2 cup and a 1/4 cup portion
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided into two parts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, fry bacon over medium-high heat. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate in order to absorb excess grease.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, 1/2 cup blue cheese, half and half cream, half of the chives and the 1/2 of the cooked bacon and mix well.
- Place in a baking dish or pan and bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- Top the casserole with remaining bacon, blue cheese and chives and bake an additional 5 minutes.