Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my version of stuffed mushrooms. I went looking for a recipe and couldn't find anything that fit the occasion. You can always leave the Blue Cheese out, just add a bit more cream cheese. Ive never measured before, so if something is off, please let me know!
- 3 (8 ounce) containers button mushrooms
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- Clean mushrooms and remove the stems from the caps, set stems aside and place mushroom caps top side down.
- Chop Bacon into 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch squares and place in saute pan. Cook until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Chop the stems finely,and add to the bacon fat along with the onion and garlic. Saute until the mushrooms release their liquid and the bottom of the pan is dry.
- Add breadcrumbs and stir to combine. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a seperate bowl cream cheeses and green onions.
- Add the mushroom mixture and mix well.
- To stuff mushrooms I place the mix into a large plastic zip top bag, and cut off the corner. Sqeeze enough mix into the caps to fill the hole and make a rounded top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Easy to make and tasty. I forgot the green onions. I had too much of the filling, so I spread it on bread and toasted. It was great. So this would be good for bruschetta also. I adore blue cheese and it was lost (or well integrated) in this. I will try it both without the blue cheese and with much more.