- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce
- sour cream, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and bacon.
- Render fat 2 minutes then add onion and garlic, cook 5 minutes.
- Add 1 can of beans to the pan and season them with salt, pepper and cumin then smash them with a potato masher, combining them with bacon and onions.
- When they are combined, add remaining can of beans and combine with smashed beans. Add hot sauce to your taste and serve.