Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is from Rachel Ray (Food Network.) Yummy!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce
- sour cream, garnish (optional)
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and bacon.
- Render fat 2 minutes then add onion and garlic, cook 5 minutes.
- Add 1 can of beans to the pan and season them with salt, pepper and cumin then smash them with a potato masher, combining them with bacon and onions.
- When they are combined, add remaining can of beans and combine with smashed beans. Add hot sauce to your taste and serve.
This is a great side dish. Mine dried out a bit, so I added a few tablespoons of water while cooking. Thanks for the recipe.
This was a nice side dish to pair with a Mexican meal. The bacon never became crisp, so next time I think I'll make the bacon before hand and then add to the beans. Very easy to make, loved it with sour cream on top. Thanks for posting!
These beans are great and I can't believe how fast they were ready. I added a little liquid from the beans as they cooked to prevent them from getting too dry. The cumin, garlic, and bacon gave these great flavor. Thank you for this easy recipe Cheesehead!