Recipe by teresas
I made a german dish years ago. The only thing I really thought was outstanding was the gravy. I had to change a few ingredients to make it work. I think most of the flavor was coming from the meat mixture and the long cooking time. This is the end result. Please try it, you won't be disappointed. It has a nice strong, smooth flavor.
Top Review by lazyme
This was a really yummy gravy. It was quick too. I served it over a crockpot roast and veggies and it really finished off the meal. Thanks Teresa for sharing. Made for For Your Consideration tag.
- 3 slices bacon, Cubed
- 2 small onions, Chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare gravy by cooking bacon in a sauce pan until partially done.
- Add onions and saute for 5 miuntes.
- Pour in the Beef Consumne'.
- Bring to a boil.
- Mix water and corn starch together.
- Add corn starch mixture to sauce pan.
- Cook till mixture has thicken.
- Lower heat.
- Add mustard, salt and pepper to taste; stir in catsup.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, or noodles.