Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice quick, tasty pasta sauce, made with ingredients I normally have on hand. Sometimes I throw in some diced chicken with the bacon.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125 ml white wine
- 300 ml cream
- 125 ml milk
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the bacon and garlic, cook, stirring, until the bacon is crisp.
- Add the wine and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the cream, milk, mustard, cheese and blended cornstarch and water.
- Stir over a high heat until the sauce boils and thickens a little.
- Stir in the basil and green onions, and serve over the cooked pasta of your choice.
Loved this! Very yummy and pretty unforgiving with the couple of slight changes I made. I doubled the recipe but didn't have enough bacon so I add a bit of ham. I also felt like some peas and added a handful of them too. Used chicken stock instead of wine and didn't worry about the cornflour. Oh, and I also used an onion which I cooked along with the bacon and garlic. I was probably pretty heavy handed with the mustard. Topped with the cheese and green onions. Really tasty, thanks Jan.
Jan I made this 4 nights ago. And tonight I am running late again so I am making it again.Given the comments last time I am sure they wont mind. Everybody Loovveed it. I did used half the cream and half low fat carnation milk as well as 1% milk just to try to keep the fat content down. This was really delishous and very hearty. Thanks again for another get meal. Bella.