1/1 Photo of Bacon and Baked Potato Soup
Comfort Food for sure. I found this gem in a 2009 Midwest Living Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb yukon gold potato
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped0)
- 1/4 cup celery (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups American cheese (shredded or diced)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons green onions (sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1Bake scrubbed potatoes for 40-60 min at 425,chop potaotes and set aside.
- 2In a heavy saucepan, melt butter, saute' onion and celery, about 5 min., stir in flour, thyme and salt and pepper.
- 3Add half and half, cook and stir 5 minute or until mixture is thickened, add chopped potatoes, 1 cup cheese and broth, stir until cheese melts.
- 4Slightly mash potatoes with the back of a spoon.
- 5Reserve 2 T. bacon for topping; sitr remaining bacon and 1 T. of green onions into souop, heat through.
- 6To serve; top each serving with reserved bacon; remaining cheese, green onions and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.4
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 87.1 mg
- Sodium 442.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: