Comfort Food for sure. I found this gem in a 2009 Midwest Living Magazine.
Make and share this Bacon and Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb yukon gold potato
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped0)
- 1⁄4 cup celery (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups American cheese (shredded or diced)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons green onions (sliced thin)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Bake scrubbed potatoes for 40-60 min at 425,chop potaotes and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter, saute' onion and celery, about 5 min., stir in flour, thyme and salt and pepper.
- Add half and half, cook and stir 5 minute or until mixture is thickened, add chopped potatoes, 1 cup cheese and broth, stir until cheese melts.
- Slightly mash potatoes with the back of a spoon.
- Reserve 2 T. bacon for topping; sitr remaining bacon and 1 T. of green onions into souop, heat through.
- To serve; top each serving with reserved bacon; remaining cheese, green onions and sour cream.