Recipe by frosty41
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This delectable dish features Simply Potato Wedges bathed in rich gravy, melty gooey cheese the earthiness of asparagus and the lusciousness of bacon. All in five ingredients - its perfection.
Top Review by tracytrebilcox
I really didn't think my family would like this, but this got the ultimate thumbs up in that there is nothing left over for lunch tomorrow. I even doubled the recipe!! I followed the directions exactly (which is weird because I always deviate on recipes), and it was SO good!<br/><br/>This is going into my "more than a few times a year" pile!
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Rosemary & Garlic Red Potato Wedges
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus spear, ends trimmed
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1 cup cheese curds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook bacon until brown and crispy in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and crumble. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon grease from skillet and discard the remainder. Toss the potato Wedges in the reserved bacon grease and spread wedges across a large baking dish in a single layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, steam the asparagus until just fork tender. Heat the gravy to hot in a small saucepan. Keep gravy warm.
- Assemble dish by spreading Potato Wedges across a medium serving platter. Top potatoes with asparagus and cheese curds, then hot gravy then sprinkle evenly with bacon crumbles. Yum!