Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are simple to make for a wonderful side dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 -5 tablespoons bacon bits
- 4 -5 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Place beans in large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved.
- Drain beans; add to the skillet.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with bacon and almonds; toss to coat.
- Serve with slotted spoon.
Absolutely scrumptious!!! I liked it so much I made the same dish using julienned zucchini instead of green beans a few nights later.... just as good! Yum. A new favorite!
So good! Can't wait to make this again. Love bacon and almonds on green beans!
This was very good. I used frozen green beans. I also used only 2 tsp of brown sugar and used splenda for the rest. Was still a little sweet, but I'm just not used to that with green beans. It was still very good!