Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The spring season is just around the corner. In looking toward the pastime of outdoor entertaining and enjoying fresh, grilled meals with family and friends, Backyard Farms has created the perfect recipe for a savory barbecue sauce that’s sure to please any palate. Backyard Farms ships its tomatoes within just one day of harvest and are the only locally-grown tomatoes available year-round in New England. Enjoy this recipe as a marinade for pulled pork, the perfect topping for steaks and burgers, or your favorite barbecue dish!
- 4 lbs fresh backyard farms tomatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Combine all ingredients in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until desired thickness. Stir occasionally.
- Serve to your liking!