Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here's a great recipe for your next backyard cookout.
- 2 tablespoons scotch
- 2 tablespoons davinci gourmet classic caramel syrup
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion (1/2 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 (15 ounce) cans small white beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a heavy, medium size saucepan, cook the bacon over medium heat until it begins to brown, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the onion, stir well and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is tender, 5 minutes more.
- Deglaze the pan with the vinegar and add the tomato paste, Caramel Syrup, Scotch, and molasses.
- Add the beans and season with the dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Stir to mix and reduce heat to low.
- Cover the pan and simmer the beans until the sauce is rich and thick and the beans have absorbed plenty of flavor, about 35-40 minutes.