Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cordon Bleu fare you can make on a campfire. Your oven is fine too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken parts
- 1⁄4 cup flour, more if needed
- salt and pepper
- oil (for frying)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 large leek, cut in rings
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, bruised and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Dredge chicken in flour, and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute in a bit of oil (in a skillet) to brown.
- Drain chicken and place in a 6 to 8 quart Dutch oven with a cover.
- Drain most of oil from skillet and toss in vegetables and soften.
- Spoon vegetables over chicken, then add chicken broth, wine, garlic, parsley and bay leaf.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until chicken falls off the bone.
- Serve with a green salad, or green beans and mashed potatoes.
- Serves 4 to 5.