Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you're going to be out a week or more in the height of the summer, leave out the margarine. Otherwise, squeeze margarine travels very well; we never had it go bad despite several 4-6 day trips in the Virginia summer. Very easily doubled or tripled.
- 1 cup backpacking biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 quart ziploc bag
- 1 tablespoon squeeze margarine
- Put the mix, milk, and sugar in a ziploc bag.
- Seal and shake.
- Label the bag"pancakes, add 1 tbsp margarine and 2/3 cup water".
- At camp, use the bag as a bowl.
- Add water and margarine.
- Seal; squish with hands to mix.
- Bake on a grill until mix bubbles; flip and cook till golden brown.