Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These make a great breakfast-on-the-run and keeps your energy level up :)
Top Review by Alicia K Nuess
The only things I changed were pecans instead of almonds, 2 cups of all purpose flour, and no wheat germ. They came out wonderful! Everyone loved them! I'm fixing them again for Christmas eve!
- 236.59 ml butter
- 354.88 ml brown sugar, divided
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking oats
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml wheat germ
- 14.79 ml grated orange zest
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 473.18 ml sliced almonds
- 236.59 ml mini chocolate chips or 236.59 ml regular size chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml chopped raisins
- 236.59 ml flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°.
- Grease a 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Cream butter, with 1 cup brown sugar.
- Stir in oats, wheat flour, white flour, wheat germ and orange zest.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Combine eggs, almonds, chocolate chips, raisins, coconut, and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar; mix gently, but thoroughly.
- Pour over butter mixture; spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into bars.