These make a great breakfast-on-the-run and keeps your energy level up :)
Make and share this Backpacker Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips or 1 cup regular size chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Set oven to 350°.
- Grease a 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Cream butter, with 1 cup brown sugar.
- Stir in oats, wheat flour, white flour, wheat germ and orange zest.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Combine eggs, almonds, chocolate chips, raisins, coconut, and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar; mix gently, but thoroughly.
- Pour over butter mixture; spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into bars.