Recipe by landlocked #2
I make these muffins in an attempt to get my kids to eat something healthy - without them knowing it! They do not like regular sized muffins, so I make them in mini muffins tins, and they just gobble them up! They are a great after school snack.
- 2 bananas (extra ripe large)
- 1 cup all-bran cereal (not flakes)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree bananas in blender (1 ¾ cups).
- In small bowl, mix bran and milk to soften slightly.
- Add cereal mix to blender along with eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Blend and stir until well mixed.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour in banana mixture.
- Add blueberries.
- Stir until just blended.
- Pour into 48 greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Can also make 12 regular sized muffins– bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and watch them go!