Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "Backpacker Magazine". I thought it would be worth a try next summer (2003).
- 14.79 ml walnuts
- 14.79 ml powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14.79 ml peanut butter
- AT HOME: Combine walnuts and powdered sugar in a small zipper-lock bag.
- IN CAMP: Pour chocolate chips in a pot and cook over very low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When melted, remove from heat, and mix in peanut butter, walnuts, and sugar.
- Firms into fudge in about half an hour on cool evenings; makes a gooey treat in warm weather.
I used this recipe for a "hands on" lesson in measurement for kindergarteners. This was a real life and concrete way for them to see what they learn in action! Great for any children, easy to make (nuts were eliminate for those with allergies... did not change the end result at all.) WONDERFUL and EASY!! Simple supervision with the hot plate (or teacher's aide doing the "cooking") was the only adult action necessary.