Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
This is quite yummy. Got this from an Albertsons brand chicken broth can and everyone loves it. Very healthy and very easy. Easy meal served over white rice.
Top Review by Boomette
I used 2 carrots and 1 green bell pepper. I didn't measure them. I used near 3 tablespoon of brown sugar cause I didn't want it too sweet. That's perfect. This is very tasty. Thanks Melvin's Wifey :) Made for Holiday Tag.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drain and reserve juice)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl in this order, mix together sauce ingredients: cornstarch, vinegar, ketchup, chicken broth, brown sugar, and reserved pineapple juice. Set aside.
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces, and heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and chicken to hot oil and cook about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add in carrots and cook 2 more minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bring to a simmer.
- Add in green pepper, pineapple, and return to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes longer, stirring to blend well.
- Serve hot over hot fluffy white rice.