Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good dish for winter vegetables
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cubed peeled celeriac
- 1 cup diced peeled turnips or 1 cup parsnip
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed unpeeled new potatoes
- 1 cup cubed peeled sweet potato
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard (with seeds if possible)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a medium large saucepan, place vegetables, water and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 20 mins or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir gently during cooking, adding a little extra boiling water if necessary.
- Stir in mustard and garlic and cook an additional 10 minutes or until vegetables are done.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.