Recipe courtesty of criso.com Use your choice of sauce for dipping
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 3/4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1REMOVE frozen spinach from pouch; place in colander. Rinse with warm water until thawed; drain well. Squeeze spinach dry with paper towel.
- 2MIX egg, both cheeses, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, sour cream, oil and ricotta cheese in large bowl until well blended. Add spinach to cheese mixture; mix well. Stir in flour, 1 cup at a time, until well blended.
- 3FILL a 10-inch skillet half full with oil; heat over medium heat until candy/deep-fry thermometer reads 350°F (or use deep fryer, add oil to fill line and heat to 350°F).
- 4PLACE bread crumbs in small bowl. Shape spinach-cheese mixture into 1-1/2 inch balls (about 40), using about 1-1/2 tablespoons for each; roll in bread crumbs and place on cookie sheet.
- 5FRY 6 balls at a time for 4 to 6 minutes, turning as necessary, until golden brown. With slotted spoon, remove balls from skillet; place on paper towels to drain. Cool 2 minutes before serving; serve with warm pasta sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Back to Spinach-Cheese Balls With Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 35
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 173.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g