Recipe by PaulaG
Truly a delicious and basic side that goes great with almost any meal. Simple and delicious.
Top Review by Rita~
The beans stayed crisp and the mushrooms tender. I mixed the lemon juice, zest and walnut together while the beans roasted. Loved the flavors. A couple more minutes would have done these nice. I would have like a bit of browning of the beans. Cooking on the top rack in the oven would be the way to go. Thanks for healthy eats!
- 1 lb French style green bean, washed, dried (Haricots Verts)
- 1⁄2 lb white button mushrooms, rinsed, dried and cut in fourths
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, coarse chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the green beans and mushrooms on a large cookie sheet; sprinkle with thyme and drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat. Place in a 450 degree oven and roast for 15 minutes or until beans are crisp tender.
- While the beans are roasting, place the walnuts in a heavy skillet and over medium high heat, toast tossing frequently until nuts are fragrant and lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Remove beans from oven, sprinkle with lemon zest, coarse salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with lemon juice, sprinkle with the toasted walnuts, toss to distribute ingredients. Enjoy!