Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Rum soaked back ribs with the unmistakable aroma of allspice.
- 3 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 pieces pork back ribs
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Bring the 7 first ingredients to a boil.
- Add the ribs and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Grill the ribs on the barbecue at medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, basting with the cooking sauce every minute or so.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.