Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
This cookie recipe is a family original. It always reminds me of home. This batch is big because the cookies go so fast in our house. If you need a smaller batch just do half of everything.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Place soften butter in a large bowl.
- Then add the brown sugar, vanilla and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- Add in the eggs and mix until batter is soft and creamy.
- Now add in the flour one cup at a time mixing inbetween cups. Mix until all the flour is combined. Dough should be thick but soft.
- Add in your chocolate chips and fold chips into batter.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop cookie dough onto a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Bake until light golden brown.