Prep 9 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
Adapted from Jake
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs pork baby back ribs
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- In a large baking dish, mix together the pineapple juice, brown sugar, mustard powder, ketchup, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Season with cloves, ginger, garlic, and cayenne pepper.
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces, and place into the marinade. Cover, and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F . Cook ribs in marinade for 1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil grate. Grill ribs for 15 to 20 minutes, basting with barbecue sauce, and turning frequently until nicely glazed.