Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A spicy little delight from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2⁄3 cup raisins, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease cookie sheets.
- Sift first four ingredients together very well.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy; add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in dry ingredients to batter.
- Add raisins and nuts; mix thoroughly.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, 1 inch apart on cookie sheet and bake for about 12 minutes.