Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is again a recipe from Nigella Lawson's cookbook 'Feast'. These are so light, airy and yummy, you just HAVE to give them a try!
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 75 g all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar, for dusting
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta and eggs, and mix until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. Mix again to make a smooth batter. This is easily done with an electric hand mixer.
- Fill a wide, shallow skillet with about 2 cm of oil. Place over medium-high heat until a bit of batter sizzles when dropped inches Drop rounded teaspoons of batter into pan, 5 or 6 at a time. When batter puffs and undersides turn golden brown, after about 1 minute, flip kisses and allow to brown again for about 1 more minute. Transfer browned kisses to paper towels to drain, and continue until all batter is used.
- Pile into a rough pyramid on a plate and dust with icing sugar.