Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This delicious cookie came from The Encyclopedia of Italian Cooking. Orange and almonds spells nothing but YUM!
- Preheat oven 350ºF.
- Put ground almonds in bowl with sugar, orange peel & all but 1 T of flour.
- Mix well, then stir in enough milk to give a smooth, firm dough.
- Roll into small balls, place well apart, on a baking sheet lined with greased wax paper.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tbsp flour.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- When cold, sandwich cookies together in pairs with the melted chocolate.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
I don't know if I did something wrong, or if something is missing from this recipie. These were awfully dry and tasted floury- very disappointing, unfortunately, the recipie sounded promising.