Nana Lee's Note:
This delicious cookie came from The Encyclopedia of Italian Cooking. Orange and almonds spells nothing but YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 350ºF.
- 2Put ground almonds in bowl with sugar, orange peel & all but 1 T of flour.
- 3Mix well, then stir in enough milk to give a smooth, firm dough.
- 4Roll into small balls, place well apart, on a baking sheet lined with greased wax paper.
- 5Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tbsp flour.
- 6Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 8When cold, sandwich cookies together in pairs with the melted chocolate.
- 9Chill in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baci Di Dama (Orange Almond Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.6
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Sodium 7.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candied orange peel