Member #610488's Note:
Speciality of the kitchen of the Hotel Excelsior Grand Hotel Principi di Piemonte, Torino, Piemonte, Italia and comes off a clipping out of my grandmother's recipe box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch and toast the almonds. Peel and chop them very finely or crush them in a mortar with 1/2 cup sugar.
- 2Add the vanilla, beat egg whites till stiffened, then fold in the almonds.
- 3Spoon the batter into a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip. Pipe 2 l/2-in. wide rounds about 1 1/2 apart on a buttered baking sheet and flatten them a bit.
- 4Sift the confectioner's sugar over the tops and let stand at room temperature 1-2 hours.
- 5Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF and bake for about 20 minutes
- 6Remove from oven and cool. Amaretti may be kept in a sealed box for several days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baci Di Dama (Almond Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.8
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: