Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
So easy to make.
Make and share this Bachelor's Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs lean beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 carrots, cut into thick strips
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup beef broth
- Combine bread crumbs with salt and pepper and toss with beef.
- Place coated beef cubes into a slow cooker and add onion, carrots, celery, basil, tapioca, mushrooms, soy sauce, tomato soup and broth.
- Stir well, cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours, or on high for 3 to 5 hours.