Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe my husband made for me before we were married. He had a repertoire of three dishes and this was by far the best. We like it with mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables. Amounts are approximate as I always just kind of eyeball it when I throw it together. The barbecue sauce is what flavors this meatloaf so be generous. It's a great comfort food meal; hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Makes terrific sandwiches, too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup old fashioned Quaker Oats
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup bullseye barbecue sauce or 1 -1 1⁄2 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
- 2 beaten eggs
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together by hand until thoroughly combined.
- Mound into a bread pan or round cake pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 to 1-1/4 hours until bubbly around the edges and top is browned.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and serve.