- 2 cups mixed berries, washed and hulled (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 3 cups brandy, or enough to cover
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the berries in a 1 quart glass container, being careful not to crush the fruit.
- Add the sugar and the vanilla bean.
- Fill the container with the brandy.
- Seal the lid and gently shake the jar, or move it around the counter to distribute the alcohol and sugar evenly.
- The sugar will continue to dissolve over time.
- Place the cordial in a cool, dark place for 2 months to allow the liquor to be infused with the flavor.
- Jump start the process by placing the container on a sunny windowsill for the 1st two weeks.
- The fluctuating temperatures of the daytime sun and the cool evenings will speed the flavor infusion.