1/14 Photos of Bacardi Rum Cake
1 hr 24 mins
1 hr 4 mins
This Bacardi rum cake is lovely and moist. I usually make it around New Years, makes a nice looking dessert for a buffet and the taste is rich and wonderful. From a magazine add, many years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans or 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- 520 g package yellow cake mix (You just use the cake mix as is, do not add other ingredients listed on cake box.)
- 92 g package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 118.29 ml cooking oil
- 118.29 ml dark rum or 0-1 rum
- 1Sprinkle nuts over bottom of greased 10 inch tube pan or 12 cup bundt pan.
- 2Stir together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil and rum.
- 3Pour batter over nuts.
- 4Bake at 325 in oven for 1 hour.
- 5Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- 6Invert onto serving plate and prick top.
- 8Melt butter in saucepan.
- 9Stir in water and sugar.
- 10Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Stir in rum.
- 13Brush glaze evenly over top and sides of cake.
- 14Allow cake to absorb glaze.
- 15Repeat until glaze is used up.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacardi Rum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.3
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 99.8 mg
- Sodium 583.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 51.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g