Recipe by Steve P.
Easy yet decadently rich chocolate rum cake with raspberry filling.
Top Review by Mary Ellen Watson
Fairly easy recipe, made it for Valentine's Day dessert. Turned out almost too pretty to eat. Had a glass of Cabernet with it and the wine really brought out the chocolate and raspberries.
- 517.37 g box chocolate cake mix
- 340.19 g package semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 99.22 g box chocolate instant pudding
- 236.59 ml divided Bacardi dark rum
- 236.59 ml raspberry preserves
- 177.44 ml water
- 29.58 ml shortening
- 118.29 ml canola oil
- 28.34 g vanilla flavored square
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, 1/2 cup of the rum, water and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat at low speed until moistened.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate pieces.
- Pour batter into a greased 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Heat raspberry preserves and remaining 1/2 cup of rum.
- Strain through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Place cake on a serving platter.
- Prick surface of cake with a fork.
- Brush raspberry glaze evenly over cake, allowing cake to absorb glaze.
- Repeat until all the glaze has been absorbed.
- Combine remaining 1 cup of chocolate pieces and shortening.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute or until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Spoon chocolate icing over cake. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine vanilla baking bar and 1 tsp water.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Drizzle on top of icing.