Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy yet decadently rich chocolate rum cake with raspberry filling.
Make and share this Bacardi Double-Chocolate Rum Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup divided Bacardi dark rum
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 ounce vanilla flavored square
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, 1/2 cup of the rum, water and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat at low speed until moistened.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate pieces.
- Pour batter into a greased 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Heat raspberry preserves and remaining 1/2 cup of rum.
- Strain through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Place cake on a serving platter.
- Prick surface of cake with a fork.
- Brush raspberry glaze evenly over cake, allowing cake to absorb glaze.
- Repeat until all the glaze has been absorbed.
- Combine remaining 1 cup of chocolate pieces and shortening.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute or until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Spoon chocolate icing over cake. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine vanilla baking bar and 1 tsp water.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Drizzle on top of icing.
Fairly easy recipe, made it for Valentine's Day dessert. Turned out almost too pretty to eat. Had a glass of Cabernet with it and the wine really brought out the chocolate and raspberries.
I also made this for my favorite chocoholic for Valentines Day. It was gone in one night. This couldn't have been easier and tastier. Thanks for putting it on here.
Thought this was a very competent cake, but not the absolute best ever ... but it's so easy to make that I'll definitely make it again. I needed a holiday cake and thought a chocolate rum cake really fit the bill. The rum wasn't as pronounced as I would have liked. I also added walnuts to it, just to jazz it up a bit more -- I think that was a real help. Liked the fact that the raspberry flavor was just an accent and not overwhelming. I didn't know (and couldn't find) what a "vanilla bar" was, so I used white chocolate -- didn't see to hurt anything! Thanks for posting this.