Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the sauce I use when I make southwestern style pizza. It's good on chicken and ribs too. Yumm yumm!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups bacardi white rum or 1 1⁄2 cups bacardi golden rum
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Over medium-high heat, melt butter in saucepan. Stir in rum, ketchup, orange juice, honey, lemon juice, garlic and seasonings.
- Lower heat and cook, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes or until thickened.