Recipe by Graybert
A traditional Portuguese dish. Serve this with thinly cut french fries, rice and a salad of mixed greens with a vinaigrette dressing. I love eating this when I go back home - it is so good! I only make it once a year - DH won't eat cod. If he only knew what he was missing! Enjoy! Prep time includes cooling time for cod.
Top Review by djgheart
We have both finished 40 year careers, and while traveling, fell in love with the Portuguese Azores - and we're retiring to Sao Miguel! What a beautiful country, and incredible people and culture. In doing so, we experimented with Portuguese cuisine. We cooked this recipe and now count Bacalhau a Bras as a favorite comfort food. Easy to make and it is equally as good re-heated, although we tend to eat it all hot. Wonderful recipe and instruction! Thank you.
- 3 pieces cod, cooked and cooled and shredded into bite-size pieces (make sure to remove bones and skin)
- 1 -2 onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 3 eggs, beaten
- lemon, sliced into round pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry chopped onion and garlic in oil.
- When cooked, add shredded, cooled, cod fish.
- Fry for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add beaten eggs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until eggs are cooked.
- Place on a platter and sprinkle parsley over top.
- Use lemon pieces as a garnish- may also squeeze lemon juice from pieces on individual servings- up to you.