Prep 8 hrs
Cook 35 mins
This always turns out great. Quick and easy
Make and share this Bacalao Espanol (spanish Cod) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb salt cod fish
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 large onion, minced well chopped
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 teaspoons green olives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimientos, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- Soak codfish for 8 hours in enough cold water to cover it.
- Drain and shred the fish.
- Saute the onion in the oil until it is softened.
- Add codfish and saute a few more minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer slowly until codfish is tender, about 1/2 hour or more.