Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I used to have the recipe around here for this. It sounds the same to me, if it is the same thing it is really good: http://spanishfood.about.com/od/maincourses/r/bacalaosamfaina.htm
- 1 lb dried salt cod fish (boneless and skinless)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 small eggplants, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Place boneless, skinless salt cod in cold water and soak at least 24 hours. Change the water 2-3 times.
- Remove the fish from water. Pat dry with a paper towel and cut into pieces. Pour 1/4 cup oil into heavy-bottomed frying pan and heat to medium heat.
- Cover fish in flour, then fry fish in pan. Brown on both sides. Remove from frying pan and set aside.
- Place the onions, garlic and bell peppers into the frying pan and sauté in the oil.
- Add eggplant and zucchini and mix. Sauté a little more. Add a cup of water. Cook for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Add the fish back into the frying pan and stir. Cook about 10 minutes. Serve with bread or rice.