Tea Girl's Note:
I used to have the recipe around here for this. It sounds the same to me, if it is the same thing it is really good: http://spanishfood.about.com/od/maincourses/r/bacalaosamfaina.htm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place boneless, skinless salt cod in cold water and soak at least 24 hours. Change the water 2-3 times.
- 2Remove the fish from water. Pat dry with a paper towel and cut into pieces. Pour 1/4 cup oil into heavy-bottomed frying pan and heat to medium heat.
- 3Cover fish in flour, then fry fish in pan. Brown on both sides. Remove from frying pan and set aside.
- 4Place the onions, garlic and bell peppers into the frying pan and sauté in the oil.
- 5Add eggplant and zucchini and mix. Sauté a little more. Add a cup of water. Cook for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- 6Add the fish back into the frying pan and stir. Cook about 10 minutes. Serve with bread or rice.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacalao Con Samfaina (Cod Fish With Vegetables Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (756 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 724.5
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 172.6 mg
- Sodium 8006.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 77.8 g