Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I used to have the recipe around here for this. It sounds the same to me, if it is the same thing it is really good: http://spanishfood.about.com/od/maincourses/r/bacalaosamfaina.htm
- Place boneless, skinless salt cod in cold water and soak at least 24 hours. Change the water 2-3 times.
- Remove the fish from water. Pat dry with a paper towel and cut into pieces. Pour 1/4 cup oil into heavy-bottomed frying pan and heat to medium heat.
- Cover fish in flour, then fry fish in pan. Brown on both sides. Remove from frying pan and set aside.
- Place the onions, garlic and bell peppers into the frying pan and sauté in the oil.
- Add eggplant and zucchini and mix. Sauté a little more. Add a cup of water. Cook for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Add the fish back into the frying pan and stir. Cook about 10 minutes. Serve with bread or rice.